Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sailing on the lake last weekend

This last family day, we decided to have a BBQ and pull out the boats. So we invited a couple of other families in the area. Tim was able to come with his kids and brought his cute little 13ft guppie sailboat along. In all there were about 15 kids and 11 adults and we had a great day of fun by the Boerne lake.


Here I am proudly showing off my handywork. I painted it myself (much cheaper than hiring someone). We named the boat the "Flying Dutchmen".

Here we are are at the dock ready to push off. You can see Tim and his boat on the right, it has a cute little cabin.


Sails up and ready to go! The boys wanted to put a pirate flag on the boat, you can see the little one up top. Kenny can't get enough of the boat. Alan is still unsure and gave it a try for like 2 minutes. Ashy went out for an hour and loved every minute of it. She is my little sailor girl. She even jumped off the boat and swam around it when we stopped out in the middle of the lake.

In all we had a great day. The weather was perfect for sailing with kids. Like 8 to 12 mile an hour winds. It was hot and Kenny got a bit of a burn. We will do it again in the near future. I still have my eye on taking it down to Corpus and sailing it out on the ocean, maybe in the fall once the weather cools down and we can camp on the beach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool, Chad! Glad you and your kids are enjoying the boat so much. I have an authentic Friesian flag to send you. It's the one my dad used on his boat, long, long ago. My brother just sent it to me. It was brown and stained but the fabric is so strong that after washing with a lil bleach, it came out bright as new! Love, Mom